Check out this yellow beast!
Click on the picture to see more pictures.
85 Corvette (96 exterior) Buick 274 ci
The exterior was changed to a 1996.
The interior is stock black with leather seats and carpet.
Pulled out the L98 350 ci. Chev and the 4+3 stick tranny. Then put the Buick 274 ci V6 turbo motor in, complete with the 2004R transmission.
Removed the motor mounts from the frame rail and welded in new box brackets that fit the stock Buick rubber bushings/ mounts. We were able to place the motor farther back.
The Buick motor is about 4 inched taller with the oil pan and a bit wider than the Chev L98.
Supporting the 2004R was tricky. Wayne at WD Welding made a support that stretches between the side frame rails plus connected to the stock rear "C" channel support using a stock rubber bushing.
I'm using most of the gauges from the Vette plus the fuel tank, radiator, PS, PB. etc.
- 1985 Corvette
- 1996 body panels
- New GS rims /w 315/35/17 (rear), 275/40/17 (front).
- Pheonix 6 point chrome molly roll cage.
- 3195 lbs w/o driver ready to race.
- 274 ci, 4.1 stage II. Billet crank (3.625"), Cunningham rods, J&E pistons.
- Solid lifter roller Comp Cam Custom designed by "Ned" @ Rolling Thunderz.
- M&A stage III heads /w roller rockers ( T&D ) Ported by "Ned" @ Rolling Thunderz.
- Custom welded & ported intake manifold by Pheonix/ Rolling Thunderz , PTE upper.
- Limit Engineering LT-76, Q trim exhaust, Innovative Pro-gate waste gate.
- PTE front mount intercooler.
- ATR headers. Custom 3 1/2" down pipe.
- Duttweiler aluminum custom deep sump oil pan.
- Duttweiler dry (wet) outside oiling system... main oil feed to the top of the block at the rear.
- Stock 1985 Corvette aluminum radiator. Derale fan.
- 2004R, Performance Transmissions /w the "BAT" Trans-brake, cooler & temp gauge. Magic Mike at Transware put it all together.
- Art Carr 9" non lock up converter, loose 3500 stall.
- Dynamic heavy duty half and drive shafts.
- Dana 44 aluminum rear end / 3.54 ratio,
- Stock style IRS, Bilsteins shocks.
- Corvette ZR 1 front brakes.
Engine management / Fuel
She's gone 9.73 @ 142 mph this year. This car is smooth and quiet, drives nicely and gets better gas mileage than my Safari Van.
This is a REAL street driver. I race it at the track just as I drive it on the street, except I replace the rear 315/35/17 radials with MT et street radial tires. I recently switched from et streets (bias belt) to the radials and picked up my short times from 1.42 to 1.38.
Click to enlarge
Turbo and down pipe launch Turbo V6 GTP Corvette
(I wasn't the first)
Beechbend Video (.WMV)
Track Video 1 (.AVI)
Track Video 2 (.AVI)
Track Video 3 (.WMV)
was my GN I bought new back in 86.
Click to enlarge
Same car painted white
1998 V Max 1200, V4
4 to 1 Hindle exhaust
DynoJet Stage 7 Jet Kit
Click to enlarge Pic<>
CBX 1100 Inline 6